If you are an avid traveler, you should have certain apps on your smartphone to help you get around easily. These essential apps don’t just keep your traveling experience aligned but they also prevent mishaps.
Here are some essential apps for a comfy traveling experience.
These apps help you plan your upcoming trip and make an itinerary.
- Hopper: You can input your travel plans and the Hopper will tell you when is the best time to book your flight; you can read our review of Hopper too.
- TripIt: It takes all your reservations and automatically turns them into an itinerary. You can view this itinerary anytime, even when you are offline. Apps are available on both iOS and Android. Just make sure you do the reservations first.
- Packing Pro: Its a to-do list but for packing. The app helps you keep track of what you have packed and how much of it as well.
Finance And Budgeting Apps
Managing finances is critical when you travel. It is important to have emergency cash so that you never have to worry about falling short on cash. Ensure you have the necessary e-documents stored in your smartphone or cloud and if you believe in having an insurance, then get a good travel insurance for your trip.
- Trail Wallet: It helps you organise your expenses with a few screen taps. The daily budget feature gives you details of how much you are spending each day. You can log your receipts and bills to keep a tally of your spending.
- Splittr: It is a great app for tracking shared expenses. You can track expenses in multiple currencies, and set how the expenses are to be split amongst the group.
- Instant Personal Loan Apps: If you fall short of cash anytime during the trip, use instant online cash loan apps. These apps help you get a cash loan easily which you can use immediately. This is a good way to fund any kind of emergency like medical expenses or a stolen credit card.
Travel Booking Apps
The following apps help in booking flights, hotels or vacation rentals.
- LoungeBuddy: You can book entrance into any airport lounge for a one-time fee and no subscription charges.
- Booking.com: Book a vacation rental place anywhere in the world. You can either book it for one night or for a long-term stay.
- Skyscanner: It helps you search, compare and book cheap flights, car rentals and hotel anytime, anywhere in the world.
These apps enable you to commute easily in any place you visit.
- Uber: Available in 700+ cities You can request a car and tell the driver where to pick you up by dropping a pin on the map. The app also gives you an estimate of the fare.
- Careem: It operates like Uber but is available in 150+ cities. The payment is made via credit or debit card, or other form of payments which are country specific.
- Getaround: It’s a car-rental on demand. You can join for free and there is no monthly and annual fee.
Download these apps before you start planning your next trip. You can enjoy a smooth and stress-free journey.
Author: Shiv Nanda is a financial analyst who currently lives in Bangalore and works with MoneyTap. Shiv is a true finance geek, and his friends love that.