Graphic Design is an essential part of branding and marketing for businesses. Without it, customers might not feel the connection and passion they feel to their favorite brands. Imagine Nike without its iconic logo. What about Apple and Coca-Cola?
Despite how essential design is, or maybe because of it, it is usually expensive. Also, more often than not, it is time consuming.
Regardless, is it worth patronizing? Can you trust Penji to execute your design project satisfactorily? To answer this question, we subscribed for the service.
Read on to know what we found out! Oh and we have an offer of 15% with a special code!
What is Penji?
Penji is a graphic design company that offers unlimited graphic designs to its customers on a monthly subscription model. The platform operates on an on-demand basis: this means you can submit an order for a design when you need it. And regardless of the number of design requests, you will only pay a flat monthly fee.
The platform has several attractions. One of them is the promise of a fast turnaround between 24 and 48 hours. It is trusted by several companies; some of the brands they’ve worked with are Reebok, Lyft, and University of Pennsylvania.
Subscribers to Penji’s unlimited design service get 15% off the first month on any membership plan. Signup using code TECHVISE15
How Does Penji Work?
Penji’s design request process is easy to understand and use. The process is intuitive and straight forward, at least in our experience. The steps below outline how it works:
Step 1: Create a Design Project
If you have a project that you want Penji designers to handle for you, the first step is to create a design project.
To do this, you fill a form with relevant information. This helps Penji’s graphic designers understand what you need. If you have any attachment that will make the project proceed more smoothly, upload it as well. Finally, select the type of file you want. You can choose from a wide range of them.
Step 2: Connect with a Designer
Once you’ve supplied the necessary requirements, Penji will connect you with one of its graphic designers. The company claims that it only works with the top 2% of designers it vets. They are experienced and go through a rigorous vetting process before they are hired.
Once you’re connected with a professional designer, you can better communicate your expectations. Now sit back and wait for your first draft of your design project. This is typically delivered within 24 – 48 hours.
Step 3: Revise the Draft
When your assigned designer completes your design project and sends it back to you, review it. If you are satisfied, you can go ahead and download the creatives and leave your feedback. If you’re not satisfied, then you simply discuss the changes/requirements in further detail via discission panel and ask for a revision. Penji gives you unlimited revisions on an active project. Revisions typically take another 24 hours to complete.
Incase you aren’t satisfied with your dedicated designer, Penji is more than happy to replace them with another dedicated designer to your project.
This happened to us. The first graphic designer assigned to us didn’t meet our expectations and we had them changed.
Step 4: Download the Files
Once you’re happy with the design work, you can go ahead and download the files. This includes the source files of your design project. What’s more? You have complete ownership of the source files and can do whatever you want with them. Your files will also be stored on Penji’s platform in case you need them later.
Penji has three plans you can choose from. The plans are structured to meet different needs and they have different costs. Below, we examine the different available plans and who they are best suited to.
The Pro plan caters to only graphic design needs. It costs $499/month and provides the following:
- Unlimited graphic design projects
- Unlimited logos and brands
- Unlimited illustrations
- Unlimited brands
- Unlimited users
If you’re a small business owner, startup CEO, or solopreneur who needs help with graphic design, this plan is perfect for you. It allows you and your team member to access Penji’s professional network of world class graphic designers and work directly with designers on there.
The Team plan caters to those who require UI/UX and presentation designs. It costs $699/month and provides all the services under the Pro plan plus the following:
- Unlimited web design projects
- Unlimited app design projects
- Unlimited presentations
- Unlimited animated graphics
This plan is perfect for businesses that have advanced graphic design needs and have complex design requirements.
The Daytime plan caters to USA businesses. Along with USA daytime designers, subscribers get a dedicated art director and same day turnaround time. All for $999/month.
Furthermore, you can save 15% or 25% if you do a quarterly or yearly subscription respectively.
Subscribers get 15% off the first month on any membership plan. Signup using code TECHVISE15
What Can You Design on Penji?
You can commission a design project of any type on Penji . The following are some of the project types on offer:
- Billboard Ads
- Print Ads
- Digital Ads
- Business cards
- Logo design
Books and Magazines
- Magazine covers
- Book covers
- Infographic design
- Clothing and apparel
- Custom merch
Print and Promotion
- Greeting card
- Post card
- Social media posts
- YouTube thumbnails
- Website design
- App design
- Landing page design
- Hero Images
- Slider Images
- Album cover
- Photo edits
Advantages of Using Penji
In our experience, Penji has several advantages. We’ve listed some of them below:
- It is fast: most design projects are completed within 24 – 48 hours. We can testify to this. We commissioned a slew of social media graphics for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. The entire design project was completed in 48 hours, revisions included.
- Some projects take longer, though. And that was the case with our web design project; which took about two weeks, revision included.
- Unlimited revisions: You get unlimited revisions as part of your design projects. This is immensely helpful if you need to come back to an older design project and want to refresh it.
- It is affordable: paying Penji’s monthly subscription fee for unlimited graphic designs and revisions is way more affordable than hiring a design agency or freelance designer on a contract. Take our word for it.
- You can cancel anytime: that’s right. If you think Penji no longer meets your needs, you can walk away at any time, no questions asked.
- High-quality graphic designs: we absolutely love the landing page design and social media designs Penji provided us with as part of our test.
- Professional graphic designers: in our experience, Penji’s graphic designers are professionals with top-notch communication skills. They reply to questions and address customer concerns promptly.
Disadvantages of Using Penji
- You can’t talk to Penji designers: you can only communicate with them via email or the Penji dashboard. This might not always be ideal for effective communication.
- No dedicated graphic designer: Unless you upgrade to the Daytime plan – where you have a dedicated art director – Penji can assign any professional graphic designer to your project. This could be a hit or a miss for you. Designers change project to project and their suitability is dependent on the design task at hand.
Penji’s unlimited graphic design service provides a cost-effective, faster, and more customer-centric way for people to meet their graphic design needs. And while the service is not perfect, it is better than most of the existing alternatives. As a result, we recommend this design service.