How does a person easily sell items on eBay store and make money when you’re a new seller?
No doubt, eBay store is a fantastic place for anyone looking to sell pre-owned goods. Some people have even built entire ecommerce businesses off of it. The one downside to eBay business, though, is that it is has a limited list of supported countries, at least for seller accounts.
This also doesn’t sit well with international users looking to profit from the digital retail monolith. If you are hoping to get around that, though, you’re in luck because we have an easy guide that can help you set up a ebay seller’s profile on eBay so you can start selling items from anywhere in the world.
So, to sell from eBay account of USA people often wonder if being physically present in the country is mandatory, but this guide is so you can sell items without living in the USA. You will need three things: a USA address, a USA phone number, and a PayPal account (this may change in a few months since eBay and PayPal are two separate entities now).
Please note that this guide is not about hacks to successfully become an eBay seller, but just an easy-to-follow guide to start an ebay buisness or an ebay store for selling items from the USA while not physically being in the USA.
Everything You Need
We will walk you through the process and the pre-requisites of selling on eBay store of USA, but we cannot help you acquire a bank account or have a verified PayPal account. And so, please proceed if you already have a verified PayPal account (which is available in over 180 countries), because it’s a ‘must have item’ for eBay stores… for now at least.
Get U.S.A Address
The first step is to get a USA address. This entire post, in fact, is directed towards selling items from USA ebay store, so kindly keep that in mind when you read on.
The US has a huge ecommerce business market, and if the buyer sees that you are in the USA, there is an implicit trust that they can reach you to answer any customer query. So, you need a US address and the best solution for this is to get a package forwarding service address.
There is a huge list of package forwarding services that give addresses in the USA and I’m sure, you can find one that will fit your needs perfectly. But what is your perfect need? Okay, so common sense says that the service should be reliable, should have decent to positive feedback reviews, the customer representatives should be quick to respond and be brilliant as well, the service should have a phone number that you can call or if not that then at least have online chat/live chat system. And, lastly, their ‘free storage’ should be 30 days or more. If the address provider has a good return policy, all the better.
The emphasis is on ‘all those qualities’ because, without even one of those, you won’t just be landing yourself in a pool of frustration but your entire ebay business could go to the dumps if the address provider turns out to be unreliable or worse… a scam. So pick a forwarder wisely.
Get a USA Phone Number
This is not a must have but a ‘good-to-have’ pre-requisite. Why? Because if your seller account profile says you are in the US, eBay will ask for a contact number and if you have one, then you can provide one, right?
So to sell on USA eBay account you need a US contact number to go with it because every business account needs a contact number for the customers to get in touch. The best way to get a US number is using a VoIP service.
We recently covered an article which talks about VoIP services that are pretty affordable, and a lot of them offer packages that are charged for per-minute use rather than monthly use. All of these services can be forwarded to regular number as well, so you won’t even notice a difference in service.
Link it All to PayPal
The last step is for you to add PayPal as the payment solution because eBay prefers it and there is no other way around it for now. So you better have a PayPal account and, a verified one at that!
How to Sell from eBay Account
The way to sell on eBay account is quite simple… why? Because you already have the address, the phone number, a PayPal account and hopefully a decent profile too.
If you are ready to make money, then you will need pictures of your ebay listings, a reasonable selling price, if the item is not on ‘buy it now’ option then the starting price for auction-style should be low enough for you to break even with the list items.
If this is you first time, read carefully to attract pottenial ebay buyers:
- Buy items in whole sale pricing from AliExpress or Amazon if you like
- Ship these selling items package forwarding address.
- Ask forwarder to take good pictures of the collectibles or what item you have bought.
- Ask the forwarder to send you pictures, dimensions, weight etc.
- Begin making your free listing on “my ebay”.
- Think from a potential buyers’ point of view and make the selling offer attractive by keeping a low selling fee in the beginning at least.
- opting for fixed price or auction-based is totally up to you, but make sure the final value fee on fixed priced selling items in worth it
- Add a low shipping cost to your products and offer as many shipping options as you can especially because this is something your forwarder will be handling. So add USPS, DHL, FedEx and any other so you can attract more ebay buyers.
- For payment method, if you are asking for debit card or credit card to receive payments, it will go down as a welcome sign becuase you can guarantee more “buy it now” and quick sales.
- As soon as you receive payments, add the shipping address information to your forwarding provider’s account so they can begin the ship out process for the sold items.
- Make sure your item selling limits are updated
- Mark all sold items as such because all these little things affect your ebay sales and positive feedback score.
ebay sellers can make money very easily once they gain trust and good feedback. Its a great side hustle to get extra cash and once you understand your ebay business potential, you can offer to sell similar items and get them to be your unique identifier for your ecommerce business.
Everything you need to become a successful ebay seller is right here in this guide on how to sell from ebay stores. We’d like to take a moment to stress that, while some of these ideas are certainly out of the ordinary, all of them are completely legal. Just because eBay hasn’t added your country to their list doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from their high selling service.