Do you Like Technology?
Do you genuinely enjoy helping people?
Would you like to write about it?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of these three questions then TechVise would love to hear from you. We welcome guest posts that can provide useful and helpful insights into technology for end users.
Below are some guidelines that you will need to follow if you want us to consider your writing for TechVise.
- Guest posts need to be over 500 words but please don’t make it over 900.
- Only useful things make it to our published work
- Be it a review, how-to guide, comparison or a top-ten list of something – Make sure there is a good and proper introduction, verified and useful information in body with headlines, bullet points and lastly, a proper verdict/conclusion.
- If you are providing a link, make sure it’s not taking the readers to a sales page or a website aimed at selling that item. The link should point to an information page.
- Do not try and sell your product through your guest post submission idea. If you want the post to sell / suggest a product (which is linked to a sales page) then you might as well forget about it because we don’t accept sponsored posts.
- Pictures such as screenshots or infographics always help but make sure you have the rights to those images.
- If and when your idea is accepted, make sure you submit a writing piece which is not plagiarised, we will run it with a system and we better not find you guilty.
- If your submission includes a featured image then as always, make sure you have the rights to that image.
Points to Keep In Mind
- We will only respond to submission ideas that have been accepted.
- Again, we accept device/service reviews, gift guides, how-to guides and feature listings,
- We don’t accept news pieces, PR stuff and certainly nothing to do with casinos and gambling.
- We only accept requests via Contact Form.
- People believe that if they email us their submission and then send the same to all our email address, we will get accept it. This is not true. Your submission simply be rejected just because of your nagging.
- If you don’t hear back from us in a week’s time (which is 5 business days) then please go ahead and submit your post/idea/submission to another website.
- Once someone replies to you confirming that your submission is up to the standard and will be posted. It means it will be posted.
- Once you receive a reply from us confirming your submission is accepted, it will be posted within 30 calendar days.
- Sending repeated reminders during this 30 days period will only irritate us, so avoid sending reminders at all costs.
- After three reminders from you, you will strike your luck out. In other words, you are free to submit your submission elsewhere. And once again, we will not reply back to you.
- We will not inform you when the submission has been posted. So don’t even ask us to inform you.
- If you really want to be informed when your submission goes live, kindly subscribe to our newsletter.