OST Recovery is an application that makes OST recovery and conversion to PST files a breeze. Unlike many similar applications, this is NOT a command-based application and can be managed by a novice user as well. This application can be extremely useful if your organization is using MS Exchange platform or your old organization had MS Exchange platform and all you have is an orphan OST file which has now become inaccessible. This software very efficiently solves the inaccessibility issues using the conversion facility which converts an OST file to PST file which can be easily accessed using MS Outlook without connecting to MS Exchange Server.
This is also helpful in situations of server downtime or account deletion. In that situation this tool is very helpful. Let us see how this tool can be used to recover your OST data file.
Basic Requirements for This Tool:
- Operating System: This application supports only Windows platform and supports all the versions of the Windows OS including Windows 8.1.
- MS Outlook Installation: As the mechanism followed by this tool is recovery of OST data and its conversion to an Outlook PST file; installation of MS Outlook application on your computer is mandatory. Ensure that you have MS Outlook installed in your system.
- Others– 20 MB free hard disk space, 1 GHz processor (minimum) andat least 512 MB RAM is required in the system where you want to execute the application.
How to Recover file using OST Recovery Tool?
- Install the software by downloading the application and then launch it.
- Once you open the application, you can simply follow the 4 step procedure to convert your file into PST as seen in the screenshot below.
- Go to the Add File option which open a pop-up to add a file to the application
- Click on Browse and provide the location where the OST file is located.
- Once, selected, check mark the Advance Scan option, if you suspect that your OST file may be severely corrupted. Click Add File.
- By default the software performs a quick scan, and if you have checked Advance Scan option then it will undergo advance scanning mechanism which can take some time.
- Once scanning is complete, a message will appear indicating that scanning has been done successfully. Click OK and proceed further.
- The scanned file will open from within the application so you are easily able to view the contents from within the application. The interface of this OST recovery tool is such that all contents from the recovered/converted OST file appear just as they would within MS Outlook itself. This is extremely helpful when viewing content.
- You can click on particular folder to view listed emails, or contacts. You can also click on particular email to view its complete content or attachment using Normal and Attachment view.
- Selective emails can be also exported by checking some of the emails, or in case of full export, you can click the Export button available on Main Menu.
- In case of full export, a pop-up with Advance Export options will appear. Here in the export wizard, choose the file format to which you want to export the emails: PST, MSG and EML file. You can also use the Mail filter option by checking this option and providing a date range. You can all Split the PST by choosing the option here. Click on Browse and provide the location where you want to save the converted files. Once all the Export options are provided, click on Export.
- Once the Export is complete, a message will appear along with it export report that can be saved as a CSV file.
- You can now import this PST file in MS Outlook to view your emails as normal.
Some Promising Features of OST Recovery Application
- Deleted items like emails, calendar, contacts, can be recovered as well, which is a very interesting feature of this application.
- Concentrates on complete data conversion when your requirement is OST to PST conversion. But when your need is OST to EML conversion, only emails will be converted and other data items will not be converted.
- High-tech algorithms are used for advance scanning so that the major corruption issues can be resolved.
- Selective emails can be exported and Mail Filters can also be used for exporting data of a particular date-range.
- Split PST function is integrated which helps you to divide PST during conversion, so as to manage the PST file size.
- No restriction with the version of MS Outlook application. Any version will work with this tool.
As author of MS Outlook Tools, Peter has experience more than 20 years in IT industry and he is now working with an expert data recovery firm. He has quality expertise in the Office products, especially in Microsoft Outlook and love to solve users query by providing excellent solutions.