The new Nokia Lumia Cyan update has begun rolling out in various regions, including North America UK, Europe, Middle East and of course Pakistan. With this update you will see a number of new features and major improvements in terms of ease of use, work management, and more.
Of course, it would seem natural to think that all these features would come in a large package that is difficult to set up. However, the update is actually fairly easy to get. Most of it is automated, but there may be instances where you need to do some things manually.
If you are looking to get the Lumia Cyan update on your phone right now, here are all the steps you need to take to start enjoying all the new features and elements in the new system. Let’s begin with finding out if the update is applicable to your phone.
Check the available of the Lumia Cyan update for your Nokia Windows Phone
- By default, your phone checks for system updates regularly every week and downloads everything on a Wi-Fi connection
- To check if this configuration is active on your phone, go to Settings and then Phone Update
- Check the link to find out if the Nokia Lumia Cyan update is available in your country yet.
- If the default configuration is active, connect to a Wi-Fi network. A Wi-Fi connection would be preferred considering the size of the update
Download the update
- Your phone may restart a few times during the process, and it is recommended that you put your phone on charging or keep its battery at least at 80 percent before you begin.
- You also need a tleast 1.5 GB of free space on your internal phone memory. Use Nokia Storage check (Settings > Storage Check) to free up disk space and check for current available space on your Nokia Lumia phone.
- Due to its large size, the Lumia Cyan update has been split into two parts
- Once the first part has been downloaded and installed, your phone will check for updates once again automatically
- Follow the prompts, which are pretty straightforward at this point, to make sure the second part is also downloaded
- Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, the entire update downloading and installation process will take around 2 hours to complete.
- Re-enter your Microsoft account details
- After the download process is complete, you may have to re-enter some details of your Microsoft Account, including the password.
- If you have issues with your account password, you can reset it by visiting the Microsoft password reset page
Additional app updates
- Even though the Lumia Cyan update has been installed, there are still some additional app updates that need to be done to complete the process.
- The Windows Phone Store app will provide you with the app update notifications shortly after Lumia Cyan update is installed on your device.
- If you wish, you can set up automatic updates for the apps by going to Settings, then swiping left to access Applications and tapping on Store.
Installing the Lumia Cyan update from a developer preview
- If you use the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program version of the update, you will need to return to the normal commercial software.
- Use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to revert back to the original system setup.
- Once your phone OS is restored; download and installed the Lumia Cyan update like the steps given above.
Keep in mind that this setup does not include Microsoft’s new virtual personal assistant feature Cortana, which is only available in the US as of now but will be launched globally later this year for selected countries and regions. Let us know if you have any issues with updating your Lumia and what you think about it!